The purpose of this procedure is to regulate recognition at the level of the Western University of Timișoara (UVT) of the quality of doctoral supervisor, with a view to affiliation with the doctoral schools within IOSUD-UVT.
Recognition of doctoral supervisor qualification obtained abroad is carried out based on the Order of the Minister of National Education and Scientific Research no. 5921/2016 for the approval of the Methodology regarding the automatic recognition, by the institutions of higher education, respectively the institutions organizing university doctoral studies in Romania, of the quality of doctoral supervisor obtained in accredited university education institutions abroad.
(1) The quality of doctoral supervisor or qualification obtained in accredited institutions of university education in member states of the European Union, of the European Economic Area, in the Swiss Confederation and in prestigious universities in other states provided in the List of prestigious universities in other states, approved by order of the Minister of National Education and Scientific Research no. 5825/2016 and periodically updated, it is automatically recognized by the UVT.
(2) The quality of doctoral supervisor or the qualification obtained at other accredited university education institutions from abroad than those mentioned in para. (1) is recognized only on the basis of an international convention of mutual recognition, concluded at intergovernmental or interuniversity level.
(3) The provisions of this procedure apply to Romanian citizens, citizens of member states of the European Union, of the European Economic Area, of the Swiss Confederation and citizens of third countries.
At the General Registry of the Western University of Timișoara, Bvd. Vasile Pârvan no. 4, respecting The methodology for the recognition by the UVT of didactic functions in university education obtained in accredited university education institutions from abroad
Through the PCUe platform by accessing the link The procedure for the recognition by the UVT of didactic positions in university education obtained in accredited university education institutions abroad
- Application for recognition; (Appendix 1)
- Copy of the identity document and proof of name change (if applicable);
- Copy of the doctor's degree together with:
- legalized translation if the degree certificate is obtained in Romania or in the educational institutions mentioned in (1)
- legalized translation, respectively the recognition certificate issued by CNRED if the study certificate is obtained at other accredited educational institutions abroad;
- Copy of the diploma/certificate and legalized translation in Romanian certifying the quality of doctoral supervisor or the qualification issued by the institutions provided for in (1) and (2)
- Curriculum Vitae in Romanian or English
The evaluation committee will prepare an evaluation report which contains the solution regarding the request for recognition. The deadline for resolving the request for recognition is 10 working days from the date of submission of the file to the Office of Doctoral Studies within the UVT (Appendix 3)
In case of loss, destruction or damage of the recognition decision, UVT issues, upon request, a duplicate thereof.
Horses of attack
The decision issued by the UVT can be appealed within 2 working days from its transmission to the applicant. The report of the Appeals Commission is final.
Address: Vasile Pârvan Boulevard no. 4, Timișoara