The main purpose of the foundation is to "promoting the values of culture, science and civilization through the realization of a public-private partnership, with the involvement of graduates of the Western University of Timisoara, cultural and scientific personalities and representatives of the socio-economic environment in the country and abroad."
In December 2012, the Universitatea de Vest Timişoara Foundation was established, which wants real and active support in the development of UVT's educational, research and social responsibility projects.
The main goal of the foundation represents him "promoting the values of culture, science and civilization by creating a public-private partnership, with the involvement of graduates (alumni) of the Western University of Timisoara, cultural and scientific personalities and representatives of the socio-economic environment in the country and abroad."
In order to achieve the goal, the foundation will also pursue other objectives consisting of:
- the development of the consciousness of belonging of the graduates of the Western University of Timişoara to a social group with high moral, civic and professional values, the members of this group being characterized by the concern for excellence; the achievement of these goals is achieved both through own activity and through the collaboration between the graduates of the Western University of Timisoara, the higher education institution they graduated from, and society;
- the involvement of the graduates of the West University of Timişoara in the activities of the foundation;
- the organization of scientific, cultural, artistic and sports research activities;
- the organization of professional training and specialization activities for graduates of the Western University of Timisoara and for other people;
- promoting culture, science and civilization among the general public;
- supporting the modernization of higher education, strengthening relations with university and scientific research environments in the country and abroad;
- promoting good relations with the business environment in the country and abroad, placing graduates in appropriate positions, supporting the didactic and scientific process in higher education by entrepreneurs;
- creating and running consulting programs for companies and institutions from the country and abroad;
- encouraging young researchers and teachers, graduates of the Western University of Timisoara, to carry out specialization studies, financing internships in the country and abroad and supporting their participation in internal and international conferences and congresses;
- stimulating deserving students and graduates of the Western University of Timisoara through scholarships in the country and abroad;
- supporting projects for the revitalization of strategic academic fields within the Western University of Timişoara by financing specific activities;
- the establishment of a scholarship system for high school graduates, future students of UVT with outstanding performances in the field of exact sciences, socio-humanities, culture, art and sport;
- the organization and running of scientific events, summer schools, schools with thematic training, promotional trips for pre-university students, students and employees of UVT;
- organizing and running caravans to promote the institutional image and academic programs of UVT, both in the country and abroad;
- attracting and using, under legal conditions, funding sources, resources and economic assets, in the form of subsidies, subscriptions, donations, contributions, sponsorships and other legal forms in order to achieve the foundation's purpose;
- providing specialized assistance and financial support for the editing of works (books, courses, application notebooks, etc.) and other scientific, cultural and artistic publications;
- ensuring the financing from own funds of the investment objectives necessary to carry out the foundation's activity, the development and modernization of the material base (spaces intended for teaching, study and research, social - cultural activities, computer technology, specific equipment, printing and multiplying equipment, means of transport etc.);
- providing financial support to the graduates of the University of West Timisoara and the other members of the foundation in the form of mutual aid for non-profit actions and for the organization of social, cultural, scientific, sports and artistic actions.
The purpose of the foundation is not limited to the above, but will correspond to the personal non-patrimonial interests of the Founder.